Yes, summer is on its way… and in the past sun exposure was thought to be a healthy benefit of outdoor activity.
Responsible and caring parents understand the damage that the sun can inflict on their children… the precautions that you take today will benefit your children for the rest of their lives.
It has been reported that the majority of skin cancer damage is done before the age of 10 years.
EIGHT STEPS TO TAKE WHILST HAVING FUN IN THE SUN:
- Stay out of the sun in the middle of the day.
- Use a Sun Protection Factor 30 or higher.
- Cover up, wearing a hat and a T-Shirt or SPF protective clothing.
- Use an umbrella over the pram when out walking or at the pool or beach.
- Try to sit and play in the shade.
- Avoid sunburn or long periods of exposure.
- All of the above apply even on a cloudy overcast day.
- Be aware that lips, noses, ears and shoulders are high risk areas.